A little over a year ago I was introduced to something called the I Love My Body Diet. It helped me SO much that I spent the majority of last year helping with the programs and bringing it to women. It is truly a movement I believe in. Here’s why:
- The core values of the program are faith, authenticity and community. The program really helped me to connect with myself and God, be authentically me and be involved in a community of women with similar values.
- It helped me to truly love my body. I carry some extra weight. I have for a long time and it’s something I have held my body hostage for. I tried to guilt and shame my body into losing weight a few times, but I hated myself more as a result. I truly learned at a new level that my body is a gift to be loved, valued, and respected. I can be healthy and I can release extra weight if and when I choose to, but it will be because I love myself and not to fit what I think I “should” be. These photos were taken last spring in California and I share them now because I truly can look at these pictures in total love right now. Before that, I would never have even allowed such photos to be taken. I’m so grateful for this place I’m in now.
- The way I see food has completely shifted for me. I listen to my body now and eat intuitively. I bless and infuse values into my food which is changing me from the inside out. I also exercise daily. That has NEVER been a consistent thing for me. I do it because I love my body and I want to take care of and bless it for serving me so well. I also recognize when I’m pushing my body too hard, or I need a rest from it.
- I feel connected to my body. I love it and it loves and supports me. When there are issues within, I listen and make corrections.
- I am comfortable in front of the camera. This was HUGE for me. I am comfortable in pictures, videos, at the grocery store. You name it. I feel like I finally gave myself permission to just be me.
- I live in value. I choose what I want to feel instead of allowing my emotions to control me. Mostly. I am intentional everyday.
- I stopped thinking about me. This is HUGE as well. I noticed that now that I am comfortable in my body, I don’t stress about what I look like, who’s watching, or how ridiculous I am. It’s not in my thoughts anymore. I remember a time when these thoughts consumed me. I am free to show up in love for others and myself. It’s all about love baby.
- My judgements are melting away. I realized that when I was in judgement of others most of the time it was because I was constantly judging myself.
- I finally LOVE meeting new people!!! This was a really hard thing for me for so long. When I first started focusing on my mission of helping women, it required me to meet lots of new people. It was really scary for me and way out of my comfort zone. For 2 years, my face and body was covered in a horrible rash. I now know it was stressed induced from choosing to step out of my comfort zone daily. Meeting new people is no longer a stress for me. It is a joy! Huge victory. This picture shows me with some of the rash.
These and many more things have been such a blessing for me. They were things I didn’t even realize I lacked. I have been working on healing for a while and I honestly didn’t know I still had issues in all these areas. This program brought it all to a deeper level for me and I will be forever grateful. I am so grateful for women and men that are stepping into their personal missions so that I can be the recipient of the gifts they have to offer humanity. AND I am grateful for ME!